The LifeStraw Mission is a gravity-powered water purifier employing an award-winning technology that requires no chemicals, batteries or moving parts. The LifeStraw Mission removes 99.9999% of bacteria, 99.99% of protozoa, and 99.999% of viruses. The larger capacity of the Mission filter is ideal for providing clean water to groups. Hang it at base camp for your next backpacking, boating, or car camping trip. To use, simply fill the reservoir with the cleanest water available, fold the top to seal and hang the Mission from a sturdy support. Gravity moves water down the hose to the filter’s advanced ultrafiltration membrane. Clean water exits through 0.02 micron pores in the walls of the hollow fibers, but bacteria, viruses, protozoa and other contaminants are trapped inside and are flushed out by backwashing. Compact, BPA-free roll bag reservoir features a wide mouth and is easily filled with source water from a stream or lake. Shoulder carrying strap makes it convenient to travel back to campsite. Includes drawstring stuff-sack for easy storage and carrying and four extra pre-filter screens for easy on-site maintenance. For each LifeStraw product sold, one school child in a developing country will be provided with safe drinking water for an entire school year.
- Gravity-fed, high-capacity, hollow membrane water purifier; ideal for group camping
- Removes virtually all bacteria (99.9999%), protozoa (99.99%), and viruses (99.999%) that can contaminate water
- Compact roll-bag reservoir available in 5 liter (1.3 gallon) and 12 liter (3.1 gallon) sizes
- Easy to use and maintain; requires no chemicals, batteries, pumping or moving parts
- Produces flow-rate of 9-12 liters (2.4-3.2 gallons) per hour
- Lifetime filtration capacity of 18,000 liters (4,755 gallons)