On issue with the RAAF, commandos & NATO, in use by U.S. forces in Afghanistan, and other forces worldwide. The Recon III sleeping bag is a military-style, two season sleeping bag which will perform more efficiently than bags with natural fillings when wet. The bag and the compression sack weigh approx 2 lbs 15 oz (1.33kg). The Compression Sack spider both reduces the volume of the stuffed bag for carriage and provides a waterproof outer covering. The Recon III packs up very small so you can stash it away in your backpack or kit.
- Outer top shell made from 210T Ripstop Nylon with a finish.
- Outer bottom shell made from 210D Nylon Oxford with PU2000mm waterproof finish.
- 100gm per square meter DuPont Thermolite Micro insulation.
- Insulation is flat filled to prevent cold spots.
- Insulation incorporates an ultra-thin barrier of anti-bacterial pure silver micro fiber which also increases its heat retaining capability.